The Dan Tyminski D 28 is just different. It is not at all like the modern HD 28v's - it is purposefully braced with not a High X, but a LOW X bracing because that's how Dan wanted the thing.
If you don't know, then the positioning of the X braces make a huge difference in the sound of any guitar. Yes the rosewood and spruce are important, and yes, also important here are the specific cuts of wood.....
It's a Martin, dude, it's going to be great.
Availability: In Stock Now
sku: D28TYM .. list $5149.00 ours $4149.00
- I don't know about you, but I wouldn't buy this guitar because I'd simply have to think that the forward or HIGH X is always preferable.....but I'm not Dan Tyminsky.
- This guitar DOES have the vaunted red Adirondack spruce top that generally costs another thousand dollars than the Sitka spruce top does that is normal or standard these days.
- The braces, though rear positioned in regards to the X...are still scalloped, so my contempt prior to investigation should be taken with lots of salt grains.
- This ain't a herringbone dreadnought because it's NOT a high X - but it's still going to be a superior instrument in sound and quality than other NON HD 28's because of the scalloped bracing and because of (possibly) the Adirondack spruce top.
- Check out the youtube vid for this, and then check out the comments, brother they surely do get entertaining, and yeah, that's me "Wesmantodd1974"